Check Out These Words of Wisdom…
- “How many of you still dream like that and believe in the possibilities?”
- “We kids still dream of perfection…and that’s a good thing, because in order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first.”
- “I think that adults should start learning from kids…learning between grownups and kids should be reciprocal.”
- “Adults often underestimate kids’ abilities. We love challenges but when expectations are low, trust me…we will sink to them.”
- “The goal is not to turn kids into your kind of adult, but rather better adults than you have been.”
- “No matter your position or place in life, it is imperative to create opportunities for children so that we can grow up to blow you away.”
Who is This Genius?
The quotes above were taken from a TED Talk by a teenager, published author and youth activist by the name of Adora Svitak. If she doesn’t make you want to attend the Penny Conference…I don’t know what will. This remarkable young started a blog called “Write With Adora,” an online youth literary magazine. Children are encouraged to submit writing to the site which is curated by Adora herself.
Adora, thank you for speaking out on behalf of kids everywhere. As a teacher, learner and childish adult…I am completely in awe of both your mission and your sensational imagination. I am amped up to hear you speak at the Penny Conference!
If you have 8 minutes, check out Adora’s TED Talk, it’s amazing!